FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Superintendent’s Whale Branch town hall
meeting will be first in spring semester
BEAUFORT – The first of six spring town hall meetings for parents and community members to meet with Superintendent Jeff Moss will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31 at Whale Branch Early College High School.
Moss holds informal town hall meetings twice each year with parents and citizens in each of the district’s five “clusters” of schools.
“The discussions during our fall meetings were terrific, and the input from parents, community members and students was invaluable,” Moss said. “I’m really looking forward to reconnecting with parents and community members this spring.”
The currently scheduled meetings are:
- Jan. 31, 6 p.m., Whale Branch Early College High School
- Feb. 6, 6 p.m., Bluffton Middle School (Spanish-language meeting)
- Feb. 28, 6 p.m., Bluffton High School
- March 30, 6 p.m., Hilton Head Island High School
- April 19, 6 p.m., Beaufort High School
- April 27, 6 p.m., Battery Creek High School (to include Islands Academy)
Town hall meetings in the Bluffton cluster alternate between Bluffton and May River high schools, and the fall meeting was held at May River.
For Spanish-speaking parents, simultaneous translation devices will be available at all five spring town hall meetings. In addition, a sixth town hall meeting devoted specifically to questions and concerns of Spanish-speaking parents will be held at Bluffton Middle School on Feb. 6 at 6 p.m.